The Reader, Calderstones Park
The project vision was to refurbish the Mansion House within Calderstones Park to create The Reader’s International Centre for Shared Reading. Alongside it’s International profile, The Reader is primarily a community based organisation. This project sought to build on that relationship and improve both the facilities and its offer.
The Mansion House was constructed in 1828 and is grade II listed. It includes an art deco outdoor theatre in the ‘secret garden’ to the rear of the house, added in 1945.
CLIENT: THE READER ORGANISATION
SERVICE: ARCHITECTURE, LANDSCAPE, INTERIORS, CONSERVATION
SECTOR: ARTS & CULTURE
CONTRACTOR: JOHN TURNER CONSTRUCTION GROUP LTD
LANDSCAPE: AUSTIN-SMITH: LORD
SERVICES: CHARLES ANDREWS LTD
COST CONSULTANT: TODD & LEDSON